18/Apr/2014 - Last News Update: 14:00

Baby suffers from car fire smoke

Category: Scotland

Published: 27th Dec 2011 12:12:21

A two-month old baby girl suffered smoke inhalation after a blaze in the garage of a block of flats.

Fire crews were called to the scene at Hawkhill Close in Edinburgh to deal with a car on fire in the ground-floor car park at about 06:00.

The baby, who was on one of the floors above, suffered smoke inhalation as the smoke drifted up through the eight-storey building.

Fire crews gave the child oxygen and she was checked by the ambulance crew.

She was not taken to hospital.

Source:
BBC News External Link Show Citation

Latest News

Harvard Citation

BBC News, 2011. Baby suffers from car fire smoke [Online] (Updated 27th Dec 2011)
Available at: http://www.ukwirednews.com/news/213450/Baby-suffers-from-car-fire-smoke [Accessed 18th Apr 2014]

News In Other Categories